Thursday, October 2, 2008

A little history....

Most of you know me, but for those who don't, my name is Jody, I am 22 years old and Mommy to one gorgeous little girl. I have been overweight since I was about 13 years old, and have decided that I am ready to take on this weight loss challenge once and for all. I have dieted before and lost weight, then gained it back, and then I got pregnant in december of '06, and starting weight was 293 lbs, by the time Isabella was born I was 338 lbs. After I had her I was still in school and eating very poorly, breastfeeding (which kept me incredibly starving all the time) and by about 6 weeks PP I was dowwn to about 328lbs. I finished school and started a new job, and now am ready to try to lose the rest of my weight. I am currently 320.7 lbs, and my ultimate goal is 180lbs. I am starting to track my diet and exercise on a wonderful website called SparkPeople.com, they have an awesome program to assist with weight loss, and its free. They have recipes, grocery lists, meal plans week by week, and an exercise tracker, and a food journal that calculates your calories for the day. I recommend it to just about anyone who is interested in losing weight, its been a good tool, I am reading through the articles and learning alot of useful information. This weekend on Sunday me and a friend will be reopening our gym memberships so we can start working out together, since I am one who always needs a motivational buddy. She definitely doesn't have to lose near as much as me (I want to lose about 140 lbs), she is about 20-30 away from her goal but she is sooo inspiring and she believes I can do it.

3 comments:

Kelly The Queen said...

You can do it! and I am so proud of you! It is a hard struggle, but keep trying. I am so sorry you got stuck with your mom's genes! but now it's your choice what you eat and what you do and I know you can do it!! don't give up. I love you!

Ali said...

Yay! You can do it!!!

Kate said...

Jody,
I have always loved you no matter your size!! I admire you for taking the initiative to get healthy for you and your family. I know you can do it!!
I lost 60 lbs from march 07-august 07 just in time for our wedding. I did it using Atkins. I really enjoyed www.lowcarbfriends.com . Also, if you go to www.fitday.com , thedailyplate.com and babyfit.com ...:) I've got a bundle of resources! The nice thing about babyfit is it's also a community for TTC, pregnant and mom's! I've been using that site for about 4 years. I've used Fitday since freshman year of high school!
I'd love to be your emotional support--I'm hoping to lose 70-80lbs to get to my ultimate goal weight! Let me know what you think.
Miss you!!!!!!!
<3 Kathy

Followers