Thursday, October 9, 2008

This past week

has been very busy. I have been careful to track my diet and exercise and I am working on decreasing the amount of calories I am currently taking in. It is not an easy task for me, since I love food. I started working out this past weekend with my workout buddy Amanda, and we have been to the gym 3 times since sunday. I am sore but overall I have much more energy and I like working out, its actually really fun because its a challenge. I have been trying to pack a lunch and write down any snacks I eat as well at work. I am focusing right now not so much on weight loss but building muscle as each pound of muscle burns an extra 35 to 50 calories a day just at resting rate. I also learned that one pound of fat contains 3500 calories. WOW thats just crazy! Well I have not weighed myself yet because I am only going to weigh monthly, so my next weight will be on Nov. 2nd because I just get discouraged so easily, if I do not lose weight I give up pretty easily. I am glad I have someone who is a support system for me, I just tell her when I am having a bad day or a craving or if I cheat and have a bad food, because it keeps me more on track knowing that I have to tell her if I eat it, lol. Oh at the gym on sunday I had my body fat percentage measured and it was 46.2%. This will be something I will also use to monitor my weight loss.

2 comments:

Kelly The Queen said...

Good Job, Keep up the hard work! It's a daily struggle but you can do it! love you always!

Anonymous said...

Jody I am so proud of you for taking this first step. I am even prouder because you have your butt in the gym. I am still working on that one.

I have another blog that I read called "Half of Me." Its the one titled PastaQueen on my blog. She use to weigh around 370 and is down to 180. Her blog has changed since she lost the weight but some of her earlier post are inspirational. If you get a chance check out her archives.

We are so in love with Isabella. She looks like a little angel from heaven with a bit of spit and vinegar thrown in for good measure. Kari says that you need to get Isabella into baby modeling because she has never seen one cuter than her. I know that you are a wonderful mommy and I am very proud of you!

Keep up the great work!
Karina

Followers